For Lutherans, worship stands at the center of our life of faith. Through God’s word, water, bread and prayer we are nurtured in faith and sent out into the world.
Connected with and central to everything we do, worship unites us in celebration, engages us in thoughtful dialogue and helps us grow in faith. It grounds us in our Christian and Lutheran roots, while demonstrating practical relevance for today’s world.
Our worship is ever-changing right now as we work toward coming back all together in person.
We are trying out new ways of Sunday worship. Through June, we have three types of worsip experience:
Virtual. Online services will continue, but weely sharing with Peace will come to an end.
Outdoor. At 8am on Sundays, we have drive-in outdoor services. (weather permitting)
In-person. We will start having small services and invite different congregation members at different times.
If you are interested in helping with worship, the following teams prepare the sancuary for services, help with the logistics, and provide music and refreshment, and welcome additional members.
- Altar Guild - The altar guild prepares the sanctuary and the sacrements for worship services.
- Bell Choir - Join this wonderful addition to the musical worship.
- Choir - We have a wonderful choir sharing their gift of voice.
- Digital Altar Guild - Join this new group which focuses on the technical needs of the church in bringing live stream and onine opportunities to us.
- Fellowship - A group of dediated people provide the food we enjoy while visting with each other after church.
- Liturgists and Readers - Approximately once a quarter, each volunteer delivers the Bible readings during worship. Liturgists go through more training to help minister the service itself and deliver sacrements.
- Ushers - Ushers are needed each week to help pass out bulletins, get the congregation seated, and help direct people during communion and offering.